Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Christmas is Here!

I have awesome friends and family. Today, I have physical evidence of the fact. Today, 1 February, 2012, I received Christmas presents. I should note that this is not such a big deal. Orthodox Christmas falls in early January and, frankly, we just took down our New Year's/Christmas tree last week. And it's not the fault of the sender that the Russian post office took five weeks to deliver a modest package.

Thanks to Julie and Sarah, I now have an awesome Christmas stocking and card. While the stocking is a little late for use this year, it will get much use in future years, without a doubt. In scores of other games, the fancy chocolate bar inside will not make it nearly that long.

From my family, many awesome things: peanut butter, homegrown/homemade blackberry jam, spices for cooking, Ziplock bags. Christmas gifts were never any better, and they amazingly made it here in less than ten business days. A new world record!

And this very awesome hand-made (thanks Mom!) wool hat. I have no doubt that it will stand up to the worst that Moscow can throw at me. Although forgive me if I'm not running outside to test it right this instant against the current temperature of . . . -22 C.
Nice looking hat. Who's the nerd?

Instead, how about a nice picture of me trying it on . . . indoors:

In other news, I've been a busy bee in the archives the last several weeks. I'm finding good stuff, and in pretty large quantities. The question, as always, remains - can I make an argument out of all of this?!?

More on that later. And also on a brief trip I'm planning for this weekend to visit a friend in the city of Kursk, several hundred miles/kilometers south of Moscow.

1 comment:

Julie Ault said...

Hurray! It came!!!