Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Picture Series #1: Brodskii

As my time here in Moscow starts to wind down, I'm still working hard trying to finish up a few things in the archived before departing for summer travels.

At the same time, I've taken the time to get out and enjoy some wonderful early summer weather we've had. In the course of those walks, I've come across some good opportunities for pictures.

The first in a series, I stumbled across a literary-figure monument I'd never seen before. It's to the mid-twentieth century poet Joseph Brodsky, and is on Novinskii bulvar', right across the street from the American embassy.





I'm not sure my photos captured it, but I like the odd perspective on and whimsical nature of the Brodsky figure, as if he were strolling along hands in pockets, lost in thought or contemplating whatever that is up there in the sky.

No comments: