Thursday, October 05, 2006

Weekend Plans

I just realized that before yesterday I had posted for like four days in a row, which is a pretty good stretch for me. There's not too much to update today; just some plans and a request.

Yesterday we went down to the bus station and bought tickets for a Saturday morning bus to Yaroslavl. Yaroslavl is another city, like Vlaidimir, which is on the Golden Ring. It dates to around the same period of pre-Muscovite Russia. It is bigger than Vladimir and during the 16th and 17th centuries was the nation's second city behind Moscow. It had many weathly merchants who richly endowed the city with numerous churches and cathedrals. We are looking forward to a little bit of tourism and a change of scenery. If your curiosity gets the better of you, you can check out Yaroslavl on Wikipedia. I'll try to get some pictures and stuff up next week.

The other thing is a request for questions and comments. Last time, when I was in St. Petersburg, I had Mom's 5th graders ask me questions all the time so I had some input on what people wanted to know. Since I don't have that luxury now, I'm hoping for some more questions and comments to guide me and make sure this is a little more than just my random thoughts.

No comments: