Sunday, November 12, 2006

Snowy Weekend in the Big V

The last couple of days has gone by quickly as we've been working quite a lot. We have a group of English teachers from the region coming on Monday and Tuesday for a seminar. I think as much as anything they are as much coming to practice their language skills as they are coming to learn teaching techniques from a bunch of amateurs. I've also been spending a lot of time reading up on the post-election fall-out: It's nice to be the winning side of one of these deals for the first time in a while!

We had a bunch of snow on Friday and it turned off cold the last two days. This picture is from Petersburg, but it gives me to combine a picture of the snow with a picture of a Teremok. If you remember my blog from my student days, you'll remember I used to rave about these. Teremok means "hut in the woods." This is not so much a hut in the woods as it's a hut in the city that makes delicious blinni, which are the Russian food that is somewhere between a crepe and a pancake. We definitely partook in its offerings while in Petersburg.

In other news, I decided it was about time for another picture of the boss supervising us in the teachers' office.

I also encourage you guys to read the other teachers' blogs. Since we have had a few days of vacation there has been quite a bit of new blogging action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys would be soooo jealous if they knew.... :)