Friday, September 08, 2006

Great Success!

Well, I'm glad to report that I survived the first day of teaching! It wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed in my nightmeares. I had my first two classes last night and I will have the other two tonight. So far the students have been mostly university aged with a couple of older professionsals. I only had one problem: In the first class, I was warned that one of my students is habitualy late...and she proceeded to be 25 minutes late to a class that only lasts 90 minutes...

This weekend we have some fun stuff to do: Saturday is the "city day," a kind of festival for the city of Vladimir. Also, there is a group of tourists that have come to Vladimir who are aquainted with Ron, our director in America. They asked what we would like from America and in response to our requests we received: two jars of peanut butter, a pound of coffee, and a set of Trivial Pursuit cards...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you guys get Nutella? Take pictures at the town festival!

Anonymous said...

Do you guys get Nutella? Take pictures at the town festival!

Aaron said...

Yeah, the sell it in a couple of the supermarkets, but it is kinda expensive. I may break down and get some at some point though.