Tuesday, September 12, 2006

...Summer Returns, Sort-of

Today we have another day of classes. Things are settling into a routine pretty well around here. I definitely felt a lot more comfortable with my classes the second time around. I've had a couple of "Aw, jeez, what am I doing here?" moments, but for the most part I've felt pretty good about teaching.

In other news, supposedly we havew begun babi leto, that is Indian Summer (the phrase literally means "grandmother's summer.") It is still cool, about 55-60 for the high, but it hasn't rained yet and the sun has shone more today than it has in the last week combined. We were actually able to go out in the yard and toss around a football for the first time in quite a while. If it holds out for the weekend, which the forcast is pointing to, we might get to take our long awaited trip to the dacha (summer house) for some shashliki (think shish-kabobs over an open fire.) I'm looking forward to it a bunch.

No comments: